Driving For Profit
Here at Driving for Profit we are committed to helping you to get set up as a self-employed freelance courier (sometimes referred to as an ‘owner-driver’).
However, getting set up is one thing, but we also want to provide you with access to information that will help you to be profitable and therefore successful.
On this site you will find information on the following topics:
- Registering as self-employed and getting set-up as a self-employed driver.
- Equipment requirements for freelance van couriers .
- How to get work.
- Route planning.
- HMRC, VAT, relevant self-assessment tax information and associated record-keeping.
- The various insurance requirements.
- The law.
- Customer service and exactly who is your customer?
- Trouble-shooting and overcoming problems when they do arise.
- Tips on making your business profitable by maximising sales and controlling costs.
- A series of blogs on a whole variety of related subjects.
If you wish to contribute, or would like to provide some information, or feedback, which we could find useful, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org